Welcome

Welcome to Vicarage Quilts - thank you for visiting.

I offer several services: longarm quilting, patchwork and appliqué workshops and small items made to commission. In the past I've also made quilts to commission as well as Church or School banners for Walking Days and permanent display.

Please visit the pages listed on the right hand side to find out more and email me with any queries.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

May's task



May's task was to finish this quilt.  Kind of exhausted myself working out *how* to make it, and how much fabric I needed in order to make it, as you can see from the scribbles above...



At the start of May it looked like the picture above, lots of piles of different size strips ready to be sewn together seminole style and cross cut.  No walking across the sewing room carpet, for fear of disturbing the fabric.




And here we are, 28th already and only the top and bottom thirds are done!  The carpet in the sewing room got c-o-v-e-r-e-d in little red and white threads...

In my defence, I have also quilted one teeny and two huge customer quilts (well, the second one will definitely be finished before I eat my lunch today), made most of a banner for a local Church, and run a workshop.  And am running another this Saturday.  And worked three days a week.  And took my Mum to a quilt show (where she bought me a 10º wedge ruler and gave me her cold.  The ruler's ace though, so I'm letting her off the cold.)  So, you know, May's productivity's not too bad really.


1 comment: