Welcome

Welcome to Vicarage Quilts - thank you for visiting.

I offer several services: longarm quilting, patchwork and appliqué workshops and small items made to commission. In the past I've also made quilts to commission as well as Church or School banners for Walking Days and permanent display.

Please visit the pages listed on the right hand side to find out more and email me with any queries.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Summer sewing


I always need a summer sewing project - something to take out and about on day trips for that half hour after lunch where you just want to sit in the shade while hubby snoozes...


This year I've decided on English paper piecing.  I've chosen my design, selected my fabric and threads and found a cute little box to keep everything together.

 

I've cut out all my paper shapes, using a fantastic free graph paper programme.


I've even made a sneaky start on the real thing, after my test block turned out ok.  I'm a tacker - lots of tacking is good I think, you end up with much shaper creases on the edges of your shapes.


I've picked bright sunny fabrics to match the season - can't wait to start properly!

1 comment:

  1. OOh looks like its going to be smashing, i do find paper piecing theraputic!

    ReplyDelete