Welcome

Welcome to Vicarage Quilts - thank you for visiting.

I offer several services: longarm quilting, patchwork and appliqué workshops and small items made to commission. In the past I've also made quilts to commission as well as Church or School banners for Walking Days and permanent display.

Please visit the pages listed on the right hand side to find out more and email me with any queries.

Saturday 24 August 2013

Stitcheries for the shop


Recently I've made some tiny embroidered wall hangings; they are sometimes referred to as 'stitcheries' I've noticed. 
 

I asked Donna if she'd like to try some in the shop and we decided to give it a whirl!


I took them in on a Wednesday, and got an email from Donna on the Friday to say a customer had ordered a house stitchery, personalised with their name.  So, worth trying!


They've got little ribbon loops at the top to hang them up...


...so you can pop a peacock on your wall and smile at him as you pass by.

 

They were really fun to make, and as is typical in such things, as soon as they were done I found a much more exciting way to finish them off....


 ...but you'll have to wait for another post before I show you - making more samples!




No comments:

Post a Comment